“Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual — or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country.” —Samuel Adams
Remember when you vote, that you are not……….
- returning aÂ political favor
- thankingÂ a candidate for helping you in your election
- taking revenge on a personal/political enemy
- trying to boost a candidate’s self-esteem
- protesting the general ills of society
- making a statement
- passing a personal mandate against a candidate’s character
- proving your friendship for a candidate
You’re simply choosing who you think would best represent you, and is the best candidate for the job. That’s it.
And remember, you are responsible to God and to your country for how you use this privilege.